Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Welcome (or perhaps Welcome Back)

For those who were readers of Maroonblog, you may have some sense from my farewell post as to the intended nature of this forum, but whether you are a faithful reader or first time visitor, welcome.

The quote that sits below the title of this blog, by Jacques-Louis David, conveys nicely the reasons I returned to blogging. I believe it is the duty of any engaged citizen to be in constant analysis of all the world within which he lives.

The name, of course, finds its root in the mythic "Oath of the Horatii," immortalized in the painting of the aforementioned Jacques-Louis David, and seen below. I found it to be uniquely fitting with my goal of returning to the blogosphere to pursue my civic duty, and engage in inspirational, insightful and articulate commentary and debate. Enjoy, and I encourage you to join in.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

as ur oldest and, lets face it, coolest friend, you should be proud to know that i am the first one to read and comment on this, your first post.holla.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Not to get technical, or hog any undue glory from an exercise scientist, but I do believe I am older than the afore mentioned collegiate kinesiologist. "Holla"? But I am a bit confused about the use of the use of the Roman Horatii myth as the inspiration for your new internet blog. I mean, I can completely understand the occasional desire to "take out" one's own sister, from time to time, but there must be some subtle symbolism that I am missing the point to, and I would suspect that I am not completely alone in this. Otherwise, whole-hearted congratulations for stepping out on your own with this site. I can't wait to read, and occasionally comment on, the wide variety of topics that you will undoubtedly cover. And a brief apology for only now becoming aware of this new venture. God Bless!